Need to make a hard decision? Resolve a conflict? Figure out your next step? Solve a problem?
Here’s the good news: You ARE NOT stuck.
You FEEL stuck.
Stuck is a feeling, not a circumstance.
The way to get unstuck is to give yourself the gift of sustained thinking. Take time to think/reflect on these questions. Even better, journal your answers.
Look for breakthrough insight.
The answer isn’t outside of you – it’s within you.
- If I could travel into the future – and look back on my current situation/challenge/question/issue – what would I know then that I don’t know now?
- What assumptions might I be making in this situation or circumstance?
- What would “unstuck” look like in this situation?
- Have I set an unreachable standard for myself or someone I care about?
- How would I coach or advise someone I care about if they were in my current situation?
- What would this situation/relationship/project/decision look like if it were easy?
- How can I create a deeper sense of contentment in my life right now?
- Is it possible that I’m exaggerating the weight or impact of this situation?
- Which resources (time, energy, money, knowledge/information/relationships/etc.) am I not currently using as effectively as I could to help me get unstuck?
- If there were a way around this problem – rather than through it – what would it be?